Friday, November 21, 2003

I have been stalking the mailman all week long as I am expecting three knit-related deliveries. The anticipation of receiving knitting packages is almost as good as Christmas. However, frustration sets in each day when NONE of my packages have arrived. On their way to me are 4 beautiful skeins of Noro Kureyon (to be made into a Booga Bag, hopefully in time for Christmas giving), three Phildar magazines to accomplish my quest for a great sweater to knit to join the Phildar Fillies, and Elsebeth Lavold's new book The Viking Knits Collection: Book One.

I love Elsebeth Lavold's patterns. One of my favorite sweaters is one that appeared in Knitters a couple of years ago. It was knit with Rowan wool/cotton (mine was a sage green) and was so much fun to knit. I am now knitting her vest in this Fall's Knitters. The back is completed up to the armhole decreases. It is looking good!! Oh, and Knitter's has pix of their Winter issue online, and Elsebeth Lavold has another design called "Kara." Looks like another winner!

Well, I'm off to stand by my mailbox!!