Sunday, November 30, 2003

Holiday Knitting


Lots of knitting was accomplished over the holiday weekend. I finally received the Noro Kureyon I won on ebay, and have completed a booga bag. This was such a fun project! The knitting was fast and easy -- just right for knitting while visiting with family and/or watching movies. It felted beautifully. I had to search the house for something to use to block the bag, but finally came up with a package of Luvs diapers. I wrapped a kitchen towel around the diapers and slipped it inside the bag, and two days later !voila! -- a beautiful, booga bag. It's going to one of my sisters for Christmas. That means I'll have to get busy and make another for sis #2.

My Phildar magazines came from knit 'n' tyme, too. May I say these are just mahvelous, dawling! Design No. 20 from the Irlandais magazine is calling to me first. I'm not sure what yarn I want to use, though. I'm debating between Debbie Bliss Merino DK or Jaeger Merino DK, either in a chocolate brown or maybe a soft pink. The stores are all showing lots of black and pale pink this year. Normally, I'm not a pink person; but paired with black would look pretty chic for the office. Hum, maybe I'm talking myself into it. Anyway, I am almost an official member of the Phildar Fillies.