Sunday, January 23, 2005

Mariah Progress Notes

I am so loving knitting the beautiful Mariah! The Patons Classic Merino yarn is yummy, and the pretty real red color makes me smile. I have completed the first sleeve:




It looks very long to me. In fact, it is about 1 1/2 inches longer than the pattern said to make it. The problem was that in order to get all the increases completed, I had to knit a certain amount of rows, and this was how long it turned out after those increases were finished. Usually, I don't mind my sleeves in jackets to be a bit long as my hands are always cold. The extra length to cover my hands is often very welcome. However, before knitting the other sleeve, I am going to ponder this one for a while.

Would you like to see a closeup of the cable pattern?




Lovely, no?

Good Sunday to all! I'm thinking of you all back east who are in the midst of a snow blizzard. Be careful out there!