Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sockapalooza, Baby!!

Progress is a happinin' on the groooovy sock for my sockaPALooza. My "pal" said she liked bright colors, and these colors are pretty wild. I wasn't sure I would like them, but now that there is enough knit to judge, I am liking it a lot. Take a peek:

sock_leg_thumb.JPG
click on me!


Would you like to see a bit more? Here's the heel flap:

sock_instep_thumb.JPG
click on me!


And now for a close-up of the dutch heel:

sock_heel_thumb.JPG
click on me!


It has been quite a while since I have knitted a sock, and I forgot how much fun they are! This pattern is great: a picot edge top; a little lace to keep the knitting interesting; some broken rib to breeze through; a unique heel flap; a dutch heel; and now it's on to the toe. I am having a blast! Hope all you other sockapaloozers are enjoying this knitalong as much as I am!