Thursday, December 30, 2004

New Projects for a New Year

I do not know what it is about starting a New Year, but I always want to start new knitting projects. Succumbing to the temptation, I have joined two knitalongs. The first is the Ribby Cardi knitalong hosted by Carole. ChicKnits beautiful pattern is used (it can be purchased here). I have been looking at this sweater for quite a while now, having purchased the pattern over a month ago. I waited a bit too long in finalizing my decision to knit this, so when I finally placed my order with Elann for the yarn, the colors available were not really what I had envisioned. I settled on two shades of dusty rose. I really wanted a navy blue and light blue, or dark chocolate and pink. Lesson learned: when the knitting bug bites, do not try to fight it off, just give in to it's poison!

The other knitalong I have joined is the sockapalooza hosted by Alison. I participated in a similar type of sock exchange and loved receiving socks knitted by someone else! I can't wait to find out who I will be knitting for and get started. I have several patterns in mind, but will wait to make the final decision after finding out a little bit about the recipient.

So, what new projects do you have for the New Year?