Monday, September 25, 2006

So, what's happening?

It has been so long since I have blogged. Lots of excuses, but none are interesting, so let's just pretend we're up to date -- 'kay?

Still not a lot of progress on the knitting front. Normally, I get all excited when the Fall knitting mags come out, but this year's offerings were not much to be thrilled about. I have begun a couple of new things, though, and have joined a couple of new KAL's. Hopefully, new projects and new KAL's will get my knit vibe going.

Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature book was on my "to buy" list for quite a while. I drooled online over the book for a very long time. A visit to Border's during a lunch hour last week and -- "yay!" -- the book is now mine. I love so many of the designs in this lovely book and am fascinated by the knit construction. I began knitting the Hex Coat in some Lopi Lite that has been in my stash for years. Here is my progress thus far.



Moss stitch is one of my favorite stitches and I really love the look of it. The shaping on the front edge keeps my interest. After knitting the coat in moss stitch, stitches are picked up along the edges to knit each hex. Fun stuff!

I lost track of Summer and my trekking socks didn't even come close to getting finished. I still pick them up and knit a row or two once in a while. They will be completed eventually. I am knitting the Balance socks by Designedly Kristi. The little cables up both sides and the back of the socks are very cool, and the coloration of the trekking yarn is yummy! Here's a progress picture (in very bad lighting):



It was my sister's birthday on Saturday. A few weeks ago I inquired as to what she would like for her birthday, and she requested some handmade cards. I made a slew of them.





I altered a lunch tin with some gorgeous Fall colored papers, flowers, metals, and lots of ribbons, and put the cards inside. It turned out pretty cute, if I say so myself, and she was really pleased with it. The cards took a lot of my evenings, and that took away much of my knitting time. I hope to get much more knitting in as the Fall progresses.

I'll leave with you with a couple of very small FO's, but FO's just the same -- a couple of "warshrags" from Mason-Dixon Knitting.



I'm going to go moss stitch now!