Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mail Day Part I

Is there anything more fun than arriving home from a long day of work to find mail packages on your porch? I don't think so! It's almost like receiving a Christmas gift. I peruse the outside wrappings to see if I can surmise what is inside. The package on the top was easy to figure out as the label gave it away. My order from Blue Moon Fiber Arts -- yay!! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

The package on the bottom looked very intriguing. I did not recognize the name on the return address -- Elise Ferer. Could this be the stamps I had ordered? I didn't think they were coming from New York. Then the lightbulb went off -- this has to be from my Sockapalooza 4 Pal! I carefully opened the envelope and look what was found! At the top are gorgeous socks in my most favorite colors. The yarn is Colinette Jitter Bug in colorway allzarine. I've never used this yarn before, but I'm sure going to have to try it. It is exceptionally soft and squishy, and the color is so vibrant. Okay, next in the package is a yummy bar of chocolate (I know it's yummy 'cuz I already ate it -- tee hee!) And last, a postcard from Brooklyn, New York. How cool is that bridge!

My pal is Elise of Hoop Skirt. She made all the right choices for my socks. Gorgeous yarn, fantastic fit, and a really cool pattern. Look how great they are on my feet!


And here's a closeup of the pattern.

The pattern is Snicket Socks from Mag Knits. This is a great pattern -- one that is definitely going into my Ravelry queue.

Thank you so much, Elise! I love them!!!

Labels: