Monday, August 13, 2007

Monkey Socks Swap Three

Since everyone in the knitting world is knitting or has knit monkey socks except me, I thought it was about time I joined in on the fun. I have joined a fun swap I found via Ravelry called Monkey Sock Swap Three. This swap will go from September 1 to October 15. Signups will continue through August 31. If you are interested in joining in with the fun, visit the Monkey Sock Swap website and let Rebecca know you want to play, too.

Now, here is my completed Questionnaire:

Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?

I have been knitting socks for a very long time. (Nancy Bush taught me to knit socks long before any of her books had been published.)

The measurements:
Shoe Size: 7
Foot circumference: 8”
Foot length: 8 ¾”

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? I like blues, violets, pinks and greens (although not yellow greens). I also like neutral colors.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Either.

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool.

What colors would you never wear? Orange, neon green.

What are your favorite brands of yarn? Oh, so very many. Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock, Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, Claudia’s Handpaint are just few of the sock yarns I like.

Are there any new brands you would like to try? I would love to try Apple Laine, Cider Moon, Seacoast Handpainted, or Zen String.

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? Pomatomous and Baudelaire.

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? I really want to knit Mona. I also would like to try one of her knee-high socks. (I think I owns all the patterns, though.)

Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Either is fine with me.

Do you have any allergies? Cats.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? Yes, I am on Ravelry. My Ravelry name is kristy (not too original).


So there you go. Come join us for a riot of monkeying around!!!