Monday, August 27, 2007

Ravelry Exchanges

Since joining Ravelry, I have made some new cyber friends, found way too many projects I want to knit, and have joined in on two exchanges.

First is a fun exchange called Monkey Sock Swap 3. Rules for this swap are (1) you knit a pair of Cookie A's Monkey Socks for your pal; (2) you send to your pal, with her completed socks, another of Cookie A's sock patterns and enough yarn to knit those socks; and (3) you include three "monkey" items in your package. This is a secret swap, so I'm not telling yet who my pal is, but I have started the socks. (Progress pictures soon.) I've also begun scouting and purchasing "monkey" stuff. I have found the cutest monkey bookmark and a monkey tape measure so far.

The second exchange I have joined is a scarf exchange. Simply, you knit a scarf for your pal. This swap, however, is not a secret swap, so I can talk about it all I want. My downline (the person for whom I am knitting a scarf) is Kate (kaet100 on Ravelry), and she lives in London. Kate has no blog, but she is on Ravelry. She crochets and does not knit, so I am looking forward to knitting for her. I have narrowed down my choices to knit for her to two:
Evelyn Clark's Trellis Scarf in IK Spring 2006, or the Melon Scarf in Victorian Lace. Both are gorgeous and would be so enjoyable to knit. I have some Jaggerspun Zephyr in blue for the Trellis Scarf and some Kidsilk Haze in blue for the Melon Scarf. (Yes, one of Kate's favorite colors is blue.)

My upline in this swap (the person who is knitting for me) is Marrisa, or JavaMama on Ravelry. Her blog is Vintage Needle Works. I'm excited to get to know Marrisa while she knits for me.

So, Ravelry is a blast so far. I can hardly wait to see what other gems I can find there!