Wednesday, December 17, 2003

My Holiday Knitting is Done

All of my knitted holiday gifts are complete -- woo hoo!! After two trips through the wash cycle, first with jeans, then with towels, booga bag #2 turned out great. I made this one a bit bigger than the first one. I just increased from 34 to 38 stitches on the bottom, and knit about 6 extra rounds on the body of the purse. I like this size much better than the first one I did, and if I knit more bags in the future (for me, maybe Mom, some office mates, etc.), I will definitely make the larger size.

I have still got a bit of shopping and all of the wrapping left to do before December 25. As soon as Christmas has come and gone, I am going to treat myself to a new knit project. In the meantime, I am cyberknitting along with many bloggers and planning in my mind what my new project will be. My Phildar? A new Rowan cardi?? How about a Starmore St. Brigid or Inishmore???