Friday, March 18, 2005

This 'n That

I finally finished my sockapalooza socks, blocked them on my sock blockers, and mailed them to my pal yesterday. As I am already a day or two late, I hope she will get them tomorrow. I am watching her blog closely to see if she posts about them.

With the socks completed, I can now knit at my leisure as I have no deadlines for any project coming up soon. With that in mind, I have been tinkering with the Phildar pattern for the Chanel inspired cardigan. Phildar is offering this pattern free on their website (in French, of course), and I did purchase the pattern book from Breiweb in the Netherlands. My problem is that I do not know either French or Dutch. With help from both wiseNeedle and Babel Fish, I think I have most of the translation complete. The only portion I am stuck on is the very last few paragraphs. I am thinking this has to do with sewing on the buttons, but am not sure. If you are interested in this pattern, click on the photo.

Phildar Chanel pattern
Chanel Jacket
My attempt to translate to English


Also, if you note any needed corrections (including the last few paragraphs) please let me know.




You Are 95% Left Brained, 5% Right Brained


Are You Right or Left Brained?

I had taken a test in college that told me I was not only left brained, but was one of the most left brained people that had been tested (at that college) to that date. I was curious how I would come out in the above test, but see it agrees with my previous tests. Very strange, I know.