Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Just Socks

The only thing I have the stamina to knit lately are socks. The last few months have been rough. It goes without saying that September was pretty much the worst time of my life. I took Green Day's When September Ends as my theme song. Those days dragged on and on.

So if that wasn't bad enough, I had to have knee replacement surgery in the middle of October. Want to see my scar? Sure you do!!!



After several days in hospital, and 2 weeks at Mom's recuperating, I was back to work full time. However, I had therapy 3 times a week right after work, and then I was just too wiped out to knit.

Now I am back knitting a bit, but socks are about all I can handle right now. My brother-in-law loves my hand knit socks and has been hinting to me that he needs more. So guess what he is getting for Christmas?



The pattern is Uptown Boot socks from IK Winter 2003, and the yarn is scrumptious Cherry Tree Hill in Java.

I ordered some Alpaca Yarn Co. Classic Lite to knit up a couple of new Nancy Bush designs -- Family Adventure Socks and Kickin-Back Socks.



The yarn is 100% alpaca and is yummy soft. I am excited to begin the socks! Finally, something to get excited about!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!