Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Digging Out & A Lighter Shade of Pale

WOW!! We have got snow, snow and more snow! A big storm hit on Saturday, then another on Sunday. I took my yardstick and trudged out to the middle of my backyard and measured 24 inches. On Monday, we got another 3 inches. That makes 27 inches right outside my door. The snowplows have been working overtime. It really is pretty -- see:






This picture is of a woman walking her dog at the Bonneville golf course (courtesy of The Deseret News).

While it is gorgeous to look at, it is horrible to drive in the snow. I swear, people forget from year to year how to maneuver through snow and ice. So once I make it home from the office each evening, I just stay inside and knit.

I have finally begun my Phildar. I am knitting this from Filatura di Crosa's Zara yarn in a very pale shade of blue. (How does the old song go? "A lighter shade of pale?" Perfect description!!) I love the color -- it feels so calming and relaxing. And the touch of the yarn is like lying in a pillow of clouds. I've never felt a yarn so soft.







I scored some more yarn off eBay: some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool and more Noro Kureyon. I can hardly wait until it arrives. Is there anything better than coming home from work to a package of yarn?

Well, stay warm, wherever you live. And if you would like some snow, ask the Good Mother to send it your way. We have enough, thank you!!